Friday, May 21, 2010

Hey there!

Since this is my first post it seems reasonable to jot down a quick comment about the purpose of my blog and what I hope to write here. I have a somewhat unhealthy interest in technology and software development, its what I do for  a living and frequently what I do for fun. Because of this I get around a good bit and just want to share what I pick up along the way. In a more selfish light I want to record my experiences so I can go back a year later and check out what I learned because inevitably I'll need to know it a year after I forget it and have lost all my notes, assuming there were any notes!

I have been hacking computers since I found out I could reprogram my favorite games on the Apple IIe back in the day. These days I am most interested in open source and Linux as well as just about any viable language I can use to make these technologies more fun. Additional technological fascinations include the Android platform and social media technologies. I get into the code but I also find the theoretical and the implications of new technology interesting and love to speculate.

I will try to stay on target, in a topical since but, since I am focusing on "technology" that can include a smattering of Sci-fi discussion and other general topics of geekdom.

Coming up shortly, H2 database, Facebook GraphAPI and a Log4j trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment